Manual Osteopath – BSc.Phy, DC, SRISD, Dip.MO. Cert Erg
Educational Background: Graduated from the Southern California University of Health Sciences with a Doctorate in 2006, Spine Research Institute of San Diego Whiplash and Brain Traumatology Certification in 2013, Sole Supports Orthotics in 2010, Light Therapy in 2011 and Manual Osteopathy Therapist in June 2017.
- Community Projects Started: The H.A.L.O Project 2016 – workshops bringing innovative healthcare approaches to everyday life; collaborated with female powered businesses in the community in a high energy space.
- Current Community Involvement: VP Events, board member, Calgary NW.
- Design and instruct community workshops in health, education and better living for seniors.
- A strong advocate for community health and a member on several community boards launching interactive events with small business in our local areas.
- Lead Organizer of Neighbour’s Day – a celebration to honour flood relief aid workers for Calgary NW. Designer Health – a fashion “forward” mental health awareness campaign coming 2018.
- Developer of Motivational Incremental Stress Disorder (M.I.S.D.)
My experience in accident injury, biomechanical shift in relation to trauma and chronic pain management has given me the gift to believe that the best people in the world are patients who have the desire to be better than they already are. Two years ago, a family illness led me to see that it is imperative we be healthy as we go through life and not be in hospital facilities or similar, or dependent on others for care. I started an initiative very close to my heart called Aging With Dignity. This initiative is designed to implement better healthcare and training in government run senior facilities and deliver workshops geared to provide strengthening and balance training to seniors to help foster their physical mobility and independent movement. It is an incredibly humbling experience to work with the human body and help each and every patient attain their functional goals, providing the most optimal health as possible both in a clinic setting and in private practice. Community health is a large part of my passion for rendering strong, meticulous, individualized care and ensuring education and treatment yield successful longevity to the resolution of symptoms. The Manual Osteopathy program is helping patients all across the spectrum, from acute injury to chronic conditions, and making a lasting effect on renewed possibilities in a people’s health. I hope my innovative approach to chronic pain and emotional impediment can help each and every patient age with dignity.
- I've been seeing Dr. Salma Mitha for a short 4 months and I'm already seeing tremendous results. She is very knowledgeable and is obviously well trained and educated in what she does. Before going to her I had no idea what Manual Osteopathy was, but with a referral from my Massage Therapist Bernadette, I thought I would give it a try since it couldn't hurt! I've only seen her 4 times and already the pain I felt in my shoulder, hip and soleus from past injuries are pretty much gone!! I've been so impressed that I convinced my husband to try it to see if she could help his sciatic, back and hip pain that he's had for years. He only went to see her 4 times and all his pain is gone. He's dealt with the pain for years and almost accepted it as part of life and that nothing could be done so he is thrilled that this pain is now gone! We sincerely want to thank you Salma and we've been recommending you to all our family and friends. If you are reading this and have any pain from injuries or whatever your issue is, definitely go see Salma and also consider some Light Therapy that Salma also offers. You will see results. You can live without pain! It's awesome.Helen Spitzer
- If you are in pain, I strongly recommend that you see Dr. Salma Mitha. Ten years ago, after a collision with a moose, my doctor told me I would need shoulder and back surgery. I tried acupuncture and medication. When that failed I tried physical therapy and obtained some relief. After having Dr. Mitha stretch and manipulate my shoulders, I finally feel like I have more mobility and less pain. I believe a big part of my success is a combination of treatment and doing prescribed exercises. I am very pleased with my results and the strength I am regaining. In summary I have more ‘good days’ than ‘bad’. I do not make recommendations lightly, but I have no problem recommending Dr. Salma Mitha.Ray Prevost
- If you are in pain, I strongly recommend that you see Dr. Salma Mitha. Ten years ago, after a collision with a moose, my doctor told me I would need shoulder and back surgery. I tried acupuncture and medication. When that failed I tried physical therapy and obtained some relief. After having Dr. Mitha stretch and manipulate my shoulders, I finally feel like I have more mobility and less pain. I believe a big part of my success is a combination of treatment and doing prescribed exercises. I am very pleased with my results and the strength I am regaining. In summary I have more ‘good days’ than ‘bad’. I do not make recommendations lightly, but I have no problem recommending Dr. Salma. Mitha. Ray I am very pleased with the treatment and exercises that Dr. Salma Mitha provided me while in the clinic. I was suffering from plantar fascia pain. She administered ultra sound under water for my plantar fascitis and taped my ankle so I could walk and drive with less discomfort. She also manually manipulated my knee and foot. While there she showed me some exercises so I can now relieve the pain and stiffness at home. I would recommend that you see Dr. Salma Mitha for your pain; even if it is chronic.Claudette