The primary goal of massage therapy is to enhance the body’s own healing processes, and to promote health and a sense of well being.
Massage Therapy is a scientific systematic approach to treating soft tissue, and various connective tissue, imbalances in the human body. Appropriate pressure is applied in order to reduce pain and improve mobility, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the body and mind.
With gentle and orthopedic massage techniques, you could see a positive increase to your body’s balance and muscle tension release. Working them together in a massage treatment can facilitate long term health improvements.
What do they mean?
Gentle relaxation massage stimulates sensory nerve endings in the skin, which transmit messages through the nervous system and cause the brain to release endorphins. These are the body’s natural painkillers, feel-good chemicals that create a sense of well-being.
Orthopedic therapeutic massage is a type of massage therapy which is focused on treating painful conditions which affect the soft tissues of the body. The massage therapist may integrate a range of techniques to treat these conditions, ideally adapting his or her style for each client, as every person’s body is slightly different. These types of massage improve both your physical and mental well being, but the benefits can vary from individual to individual.
- Relax the body, calm the nervous system and slow respiration.
- Increase lymphatic drainage.
- Ease pain and speed recovery of physical injuries.
- Relieve muscle tension and spasm.
- Increase circulation.
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- Improve circulation of nutrients and oxygen to tissues throughout the body.
- Strengthen the immune system, reducing the frequency of minor illnesses.
- Aid in the elimination of toxins.
- Increase flexibility.
- Enhance mobility.
- Reduces mental stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Calms a bad temper
- Improves concentration
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances self-image
- Provides a feeling of well-being
- Decreased stress levels
Why would massage therapy help these conditions? We assure you a face-to-face assessment would identify exactly why.
Monica is our relaxation massage therapist, and can offer a wide range of therapeutic massages for your needs.
Book by calling 403.295.8590 at our Beddington location.
Be your best, feel your best.
- Massage for Temporomandibular Joint Issues: Alleviate Jaw Discomfort and Loosen Your Upper Back - December 20, 2022
- Freedom From Back Pain: How Massage Works To Relieve Pain - December 4, 2022
- Tea for Cold Weather - November 20, 2022