Contact us to find out how to save $25 on your Massage!
Intro to Massage Therapy:
The primary goal of Massage Therapy is to enhance the body’s own healing processes, and to promote health and a sense of well being. Our Massage Therapists have been selected for their experience and interest in Physiotherapy.
Massage Therapy is a scientific, systematic approach to treating soft tissue and various connective tissue imbalances in the human body. Muscles are isolated, and fixed or movable pressure is applied in order to reduce pain and improve mobility.
Benefits of Massage:
- Relaxes the body, calms the nervous system and slows respiration
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Eases pain and speeds recovery of physical injuries
- Relieves muscle tension and spasms
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves circulation of nutrients and oxygen to tissues throughout the body
- Strengthens the immune system, reducing the frequency of minor illnesses
- Aids in the elimination of toxins
- Increases flexibility and enhances mobility
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances self image
- Provides a feeling of well being
- Decreases stress levels
- Reduces mental stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Calms a bad temper
- Improves concentration
Massages We Offer
Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage:
Deep Tissue Massage is a technique that focuses primarily on the deeper layers of muscles and the fascia. Sometimes this technique involves the Therapist using firmer pressure in order to reach these key areas and get them to release, which is why this particular Massage is oftentimes recommended for people who are comfortable with a slightly more intense touch.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone Massage is used to help you relax and ease tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout your body. Hot Stone Massage will benefit you by:
- Helping you relieve muscle tension and pain
- Promoting sleep
- Helping relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases
Learn more about the benefits of Hot Stone Massage: Healthline
While a mother-to-be’s body will go through dramatic changes, Prenatal Massage Therapy can ease discomfort, give emotional support and help to prepare for labour. Below are three soothing benefits of Prenatal Massage:
- Alleviates stress on weight bearing joints and musculo-fascial structures
- Increases blood circulation, which provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus and stimulates the lymph system, thereby increasing immunity and removal of toxins
- Stabilizes hormonal levels and helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
For several more benefits visit the Massage MagazIne
Relaxing Swedish Massage:
A Swedish Massage is a great introductory Massage because it incorporates firm and gentle strokes. If you are in need of pain management or stress relief for fatigue, depression or anxiety, a Swedish Massage will certainly help. Read about the mental and biological benefits of Swedish Massage Therapy in regards to fatigue, depression or anxiety – Livestrong demonstrates a case study on cancer patients: Livestrong
This type of Massage is specifically targeted towards enhancing circulation and blood flow to large muscle groups – whereas, a Deep Tissue Massage focuses strictly on pressure points. Swedish Massage is also used as an integral part of pain management protocols for sports injuries and chronic pain. For instance, “sessions can target specific areas of pain like a sprained ankle, or they can be used to help manage the chronic pain that comes with conditions like arthritis.” (Source: Livestrong)
Although the bruising may look painful, Cupping is not painful at all. What it does is pull the blood to the area. The more pain people have in one specific area of the body, the darker the color gets. As you continue to do Cupping, the next time there’s less and less color. After 4 or 5 sessions, there should be little or no color change. It means the muscle is pretty relaxed. Most people say it feels really good. Some athletes do it on a daily basis for muscle pain. It has become one of elite athlete’s favorite techniques. Anytime you have muscle spasm, muscle tension or pain, you can use it. It decreases pain, improves mobility and also helps with the healing process.
Cupping affects the flow of Qi and blood. It helps draw out and eliminate pathogenic factors such as wind, cold, damp and heat. Cupping also moves Qi and blood and opens the pores of the skin, thus precipitating the removal of pathogens through the skin itself. For more information on Cupping and how beneficial it is, view our blog on Cupping:
We also offer:
Light Therapy Massage
Hand & Arm Massage
Our Massage Techniques Can Help With:
- Migraines, sinus and tension headaches
- Back/neck pain
- Separated, dislocated or frozen shoulder
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritis/rheumatoid arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Degenerative disc disease
If you need a boost to your mental, physical health and well being, call us to book your next massage treatment today: Beddington location (403.295.8590) or at our Thorncliffe location (403.275.7728).
Don’t forget to ask us about how you can save $25 off your next Massage!
Blair balances his busy professional life by staying active. He enjoys cycling, swimming, working out, hiking, camping and snowboarding, depending on the season. Blair shares his free time with his wife, son and daughter outside on the weekends. He has learned to enjoy the journey, as life really is too short.
Latest posts by Blair Schachterle BScPT, Dip Manip PT, Dip Sport PT, FCAMPT, CGIMS (see all)
- How to Tell the Difference Between a Ankle Sprain and a Fracture. - July 19, 2018
- The Secrets to Pain-Free Gardening - May 23, 2018
- Fix Your Poor Posture! - May 18, 2018